Thinking about heading to the beach to achieve that sun-kissed tan for your wedding day? Not so fast!
Spray tanning is an easy and effective alternative for brides looking to achieve a - straight from the Caribbean sun - summer tan on their wedding day. But some brides are still hesitant about the results and care of spray tanning. Spray tanning offers all the glowing benefits of a real tan, but saves your skin from the damage of tanning beds and harmful UV rays. (Plus, noticing “beauty-error free since ’93,” Jennifer Aniston has swapped the tanning bed for sprayed on bronze, definitely makes us think it’s worth a shot).
Marula Beauty expert, Anna Johnson, tan spray technician for South Seas Tanning, shares her tips on preparing for your spray tan and preserving it with Marula Oil, because sun-kissed color looks much better on your skin than it does down your drain.
What should I know before I go to my appointment?
• Get your waxes and pedicure/manicure first then exfoliate with an oil-free scrub. These services will disrupt an existing spray tan, so it’s best to do them before your appointment.
• Wear loose-fitting, dark clothing when you come for you tan and wear flip flops. Tight clothes can rub against the tan causing unevenness or streaking. Most women wear just a g-string to get the best tan coverage possible, but this is a personal choice so wear what's comfortable for you.• Brides should get their tan two days prior to their wedding date.
• After your spray tan, wait 6-8 hours before you shower.
• The day after your tan, begin hydrating your skin with Marula-The Leakey Collection, to continue the life of your tan and remember to wear sunscreen.
• Make sure you ask the spray tanning technician to give you a color that is a "golden glow.” The aim here is that all of your guests will be making comments on how radiant and healthy you look, not how great the fake tan is.
What will Marula Oil do for my tan?
Moisturizing slows down the natural skin exfoliation process, thus extending the life of the tan. The more moisture you apply, the longer your tan will last. Because Marula Oil has superior and long-lasting hydration, it will keep your skin moisturized, thus extending you spray tan life to 7-10 days.
Do you have any extra advice?
• Don’t take any chances; make sure you have a trial spray tan at least one month before your wedding day.
• Take a photo of yourself with your trial tan to see what your skin will look like against your wedding dress.
• If you are going to be tanned it is worth considering having the whole wedding party spray tanned including groom and groomsmen. Take pictures after your trial to test this out.
We hope we’ve sent you well on your way to getting a gorgeous and glowing spray tan for your wedding day and how to extend it with Marula Oil onto your honeymoon! Plus, what’s that saying…fortune favors the bronzed?